Sunday, September 2, 2012

Day Tripping

My ten-day staycation is winding down, sadly. Back to work on Tuesday.

Today though, was a bit of a surprise. Slept in, which is odd. But when I did manage to roll my ass out of bed, me and Idiot#1 decided just to grab a backpack, some Tim's, and head into the mountains. We actually drove up the Trunk Road into Ghost River country, instead of into the heart of the Rockies, but it was a great trip nonetheless. Picked out a couple of camping spots for this fall.

Mountain Bound.

Idiot#1 taking some pics.



The Thrilling Adventure of Rocks.



Some creek up that way.



Same creek. Colour.



Truck. It got muddy.



Mud splats in the mirror may appear closer than they are.



Mud!



Mud on my iPhone!



Idiot#1, taking pics again. His camera is better than mine, fyi.



Ghost River. I think.



My feet. In case you were wondering what they looked like.



Back to the highway.



And damn, back to oil country & cow town.




I'm hoping to get some writing in tonight, but don't expect much. Taking it easy. Plus, I've decided to go back to work on a YA Fantasy I started last year, and give my Contemp. Fantasy a bit of breather. I think I need some space from it. The YA needs a lot of brain-stew-time and some serious re-plotting / re-organizing, so it seems like the right kind of project to take a break with.

I'm also thinking of NaNo'ing this November, so I'm hoping for some time tonight to see if I can work that into the schedule. It'll be the first time I've given that a shot. Might be fun.

That's all for now,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment